workers compensation
Steps to Take When You Are Injured at Work in Louisiana

Workplace accidents can happen at any time and you need to be prepared on how to move forward when filing a workers’ compensation claim. It is extremely vital that employees, with the assistance of a workers’ compensation lawyer, go after compensation for medical bills and lost wages due to being out of work with a workplace injury.

Here is a guide of what you should do after being injured at work in Louisiana.
Report Your Injury

Always report your injury to your employer right away. This is important because in many cases, employers and workers’ compensation insurance companies may attempt to deny a claim because the injury was not reported promptly. An injured employee that doesn’t inform his or her employer, in writing, within 30 days after the date of the injury, may lose the right for workers’ compensation benefits.

Tell Your Doctor That The Injury Is Work-Related

When you seek medical care, it is very important to tell your doctor that the injury is workplace-related. Also, make certain that your doctor records this fact in your medical notes for each visit related to the injury. You need to do this because employers and workers’ compensation insurance companies may try to deny your claim otherwise.

Give Written Notice To Your Employer

Provide written notice of injury to your employer, including the date of your injury and a description of that injury. Give this to your employer as soon as possible.


Always follow your doctor’s instructions. Go back to work as soon as possible. Attend any required hearings that are a part of the case.

Contact A Workers’ Compensation Attorney

Wading through workers’ compensation can be puzzling and hard. Insurance adjusters are always attempting to take recorded statements from you that will be used against you in your claim. So stay smart! Lawyers can help with your workers’ compensation. They can fill out and file injury forms, deal with insurance companies, and ensure you receive the treatment you need as you recover from your injury. A lawyer will help you file to retain the wages you deserve while you are out of work. Big River Trial Attorneys, will work with you through your case and will work hard to make sure you receive the lump settlement you deserve.  Contact Big River Trial Attorneys at (225) 963-9638 if you have been injured on the job and need help. We will help guide you through every step so contact us today and start moving your case forward.

Leave A Comment